PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

POTplayer video/DVD playing & capping software

Let us know what you think of the forum.
WCC
Posting God

POTplayer video/DVD playing & capping software

Postby WCC » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:55 am

Has anyone else here tried Daum POTplayer video/DVD software for capping?

If not, have a go at it. I'm now using it, and it's sped up my capping 10-fold. I can skip forward and backward by whatever number of seconds I set with a key press, use the mouse wheel to roll through still frames forward & back (OK, click through them one at a time backwards) and hear the audio as I roll forward doing so, and generally it's bloody marvellous. And, importantly, it's stable doing so. VLC player would regularly lock on me when I tried dancing around or making too many frame-by-frame clicks, this hasn't once.

Now, it may be that I'm way behind the times and everyone else is using better software than I was previously, but I thought I'd give you all a heads up. I can now cap what I want from 2 hours of video in about 10 minutes. One caveat - it's Korean in origin, so documentation is non-existent. You'll have to rummage around for the settings!
1 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
Bic Basher
All time posting legend

Re: POTplayer video/DVD playing & capping software

Postby Bic Basher » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:37 am

I downloaded it after reading your post and quite frankly found it baffling.

VLC is bloody awful personally for capping, but is the most user friendly. I'll stick to MPC for now which personally gives the best quality from HD caps. I have two versions of MPC, a v6 version for SD video which performs better and the current version for HD.
0 x
SOMEIMAGE IS NO LONGER OPERATING. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO RE-UPLOAD CAPS AS I DON'T HAVE THEM.

VIDEO LINKS HOSTED ON MEDIAFIRE STILL WORK.

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Re: POTplayer video/DVD playing & capping software

Postby gaztaylor » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:05 pm

GOM player is ok, but you will be hard pressed to beat MPC. Most other players actually use MPC and just put a fresh skin on it.
0 x
Please do not post my work anywhere else, its TSCelebs exclusive!

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”