PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Football

Chat about your fave sports here.
Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Football

Post by Jethro Tull » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Picked this item up from the BBc, have not seen any reaction from Sky yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12355022
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

Tired of Ads? Login!
zuma
Established Member

Re: Football

Post by zuma » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:55 pm

It would be nice to see Sky get its wings clipped, but I expect that friends in high places will ensure that the fans will continue to be ripped off whatever the European Court says.
0 x

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:31 pm

It would be nice to see them get a slap down but only if someone else is going to provide the same standard of coverage that they do. You can be watching live football almost daily at present.
0 x
Please do not post my work anywhere else, its TSCelebs exclusive!

arfur

Post by arfur » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:02 pm

I'm in shock. I can't believe what has just happened. To lose a four-goal lead, that team wants f**king shooting. :twisted:
0 x

1320abbey
All time posting legend

Post by 1320abbey » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Still gained a point on the leaders. Great comeback by the Toon.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
liltman
World class poster

Post by liltman » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:09 pm

I support Arsenal, and watched the game, my mate said to me at 2 nil " this is already won" I said "watch out its worse, the toon will be coing at us stronger". I hate it when ppl say things like that, for me it aint over till the whistle.

But credit to the toon for a great comeback, we got ourselves to blame, although one point i have to make. Barton went down to easy against Roscicky on the 86th min to give the toon a nice free kick outside our box for them to equalize. Still as abbey says, we did gain a point on the leaders, so not all doom and gloom for the arsenal.

Come on the gunners, from a true and proud clockender.
0 x
Credit to Sentinel for the avatar!

ZeitGeist
Quality Member

Post by ZeitGeist » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:01 am

'Same old Arsenal.....always moaning' :lol:

I thoroughly expect Tiote to be sold in the summer....relegation or not!!

Thanks for wearing the black & white while it lasted....& that goal!

For those who missed it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8WDm0pIhOY
Last edited by ZeitGeist on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:59 am

The Championship is on the horizon and getting ever nearer. Birmingham parked the bus and we were so naive it was unreal. Well done to the ref, for allowing Birmingham to infringe the rules. but not us..

Birmingham’s game plan worked, we played well to the final third and then became clueless and when are we going to learn how to defend at the far post..
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

1320abbey
All time posting legend

Post by 1320abbey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:35 pm

With only about 14 games left in the Premier League what are everybody's predictions for the top four and bottom three.

I think Man Utd will win it although they have not been at their best but have still managed to be better than the rest and I don't think Rooney will go through a whole season with stringing a few game goal streak together. I think Man City will be 2nd with Arsenal 3rd. I feel Chelsea will now concentrate on the Champions League and may drop some unexpected points and Tottenham may find playing in the Champions League and Premier League too much and am therefore going for king Kenny to steer Liverpool into 4th spot.

At the bottom I think West Ham will finish last as history is against them being bottom at Xmas etc. West Brom will be second bottom, they are dropping like a stone and even a new manager won't prevent them from the drop. I think Wolves and Wigan have shown a willingness for the battle over the last 2-3 weeks and will do enough to stay up leaving Blackpool to go down as they let in far to many goals which will be their downfall.

So 1. Man Utd, 2. Man City, 3. Arsenal, 4. Liverpool, 18. Blackpool, 19. West Brom and 20. West Ham.

By the way I have no axe to grind as I don't support any Premier League team although I would admit to a soft spot for Newcastle who I try to get down to see once a year.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:19 am

Man Utd, probably have the poorest squad they have had for many a year, have performed well below par and yet still sit top of the Prem. I feel as they have to play Chelsea twice and visit Arsenal & Liverpool they will not get the results from the away games and that will cost them the title. Arsenal continue to excel as well as pressing the self destruct button, but I believe they have enough in the locker to steal the title. Down at the the bottom, I believe we (WHU) are doomed to the basement, I thought Newcastle might get dragged down as they had sold the goalscorer, but three teams poorer than them.

My guesses as follows

1. Arsenal 2. Man. Utd 3 Man City, Liverpool might possibly steal 4th.

18 Baggies 19 Blackpool 20 West Ham :cry:
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

arfur

Post by arfur » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Even though Man Utd have to play Chelsea twice and us and Liverpool, they are the masters of getting results out of the big games.
I think my team, Arsenal, have never had a better chance of the title for several years. If we can keep our heads, of course - that wasn't evident at that farce at Newcastle. On paper (and ONLY on paper), our toughest games look like Man Utd and Liverpool at home, and the Stratford Spuds away. We've played Chelsea and Man City twice already.

Hammers need a couple of good wins on the trot. It's no good winning away and losing your next home match. I agree with Jethro about West Brom - I think they've made a big mistake sacking Di Matteo at this stage of the season and they are on the slide. Wigan are just really poor, despite their result last weekend.

My hopeful predcictions (sorry Jethro!)

1. Arsenal
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Man City

18. Wigan
19. West Ham
20. West Brom
0 x

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:17 am

Well the OS debate is over, its the Hammers. Dont see what Spurs are left with, Levy said the plans to redevelop WHL is dead in the water.
0 x
Please do not post my work anywhere else, its TSCelebs exclusive!

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:49 am

I don't believe the local population would have been happy with the Spuds in East London and has saved Tottenham a larger than life policing bill.

As for us, I will dearly miss Upton Park and if the Brady woman changes our name to West Ham Olympic or Olympic WHU, I am off to support the O's.
Last edited by Jethro Tull on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

Tired of Ads? Login!
arfur

Post by arfur » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:36 am

I don't see any winner. I'm sure neither set of fans want to go there. Will West Ham be able to fill it?
We were so lucky, because we got a plot of land really close to the old ground. The problem these days is it's all about the money - they don't give a toss about the fans.
0 x

1320abbey
All time posting legend

Post by 1320abbey » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Your right arfur about money and fans. The only way they would pay attention is if everyone stopped going and left them to play in empty stadia. Even then they get so much money from other sources some of them might not even notice.
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:27 am

The problem now is, we will attract the plastics and prawn sandwich brigade. as well as more corporate income. I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Arsenal and he would rather be back at Highbury with 38000 loyal supportes, rather than some of the johnny come lately's who now frequent the Emirates.

I am sure we will fill the OS if we are in the prem but we will not if we are in the Championship.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

arfur

Post by arfur » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Jethro Tull wrote: I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Arsenal and he would rather be back at Highbury with 38000 loyal supportes, rather than some of the johnny come lately's who now frequent the Emirates.
So would I. You wouldn't believe the couple I sit next to. They're obviously well-off, they're always on holiday meaning they miss more matches than they atttend, they always leave about ten minutes from the end (they must have missed so many goals) and, would you believe, the woman has actually pulled out a book and started reading during a game! :shock:
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Just realised its FA Cup weekend and was looking forward to the two East London games, but thanks to TV, the weekend away was kicked into touch, when WHU were moved to Monday night.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

fusion

Post by fusion » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Well that was a turn up for the books Arsenal beat barcalona 2-1 after last season and the newcastle performance i was expecting a slapping
0 x

arfur

Post by arfur » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:19 am

We were written off as soon as the draw was made.

A great game tonight and a great result. Of course, all the haters are saying we haven't got a chance at the Nou Camp, we'll get battered, etc. Maybe we will, but we've just beaten probably the best team in the world, so we're entitled to celebrate a bit, aren't we? Jesus.

By the way, that rich couple who sit next to me weren't there again tonight! Waste of stadium space.
0 x