PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Football

Chat about your fave sports here.
fusion

Re: Football

Post by fusion » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:33 am

Yeah even as an arsenal fan i had the feeling that barca were gonna twinkle toes all over us but i take hope into the second tie we'll have sanga back and hopefully the guy we've really missed at the back thomas Vermalan. Jack Wiltshire and Szczesny are starting to justify the praise that is being heaped on their young shoulders. I will say that Alex Song gave me heart palputations everytime he challenged for the ball and was exceptionally lucky to stay on the pitch.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
liltman
World class poster

Post by liltman » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:13 am

Firstly, I used to live in the UK, and went loads and loads of times to Highbury (Proud clockender) and I miss it alot. Not saying anything bad about the Emirates. I only have had the chance to go once. I have to say I never felt that Highbury feeling of the crowd, they used to rock Highbury whoever played there. I know those days are gone. Only time I was at a quiet Highbury was a Boxing day lol.
Can't believe arfur that someone would bring a book to a game and leave ten minutes before, thats annoys me. I also have noticed now that there is more and more empty seats at the Emirates.
Great win last night, I knew we would equalise but to go on and win the first leg was amazing. I know like you said arfur the haters think that the nou camp is another story, but we have the lead, our confidance will be high. We have to dig in. Yeah hopefully Vermalen will be back. Wilshere had a cracking game, managed 94% pass completion. Come on Arsenal.
0 x
Credit to Sentinel for the avatar!

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:34 pm

That is annoying when people want to attend matches and season ticket holders seats are left empty.

Messi hitting the side netting rather than putting the ball in the old onion bag was probablty the turning point and I am sure Barcelona know they have a tough game in the second leg, not a forgone conclusion by anymeans.

For the neutrals an extremely enjoyable game of football.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Everyone seems to expect to lose to Barca before they even kick off, yes they play some nice stuff, but they have a fair few weaknesses, like the entire back 4 and the keeper!
0 x
Please do not post my work anywhere else, its TSCelebs exclusive!

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Chelsea have just lost to Everton on Penalties and now have only the Champions League left.

On Current form this would seem a bridge too far and fourth place must also be a concern as well.

End of an era?
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

Tired of Ads? Login!
gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:22 am

Chelsea situation is comical after the way the players and fans were all giving it large after first 2 games, 'we are going to win everything', blah blah blah, now they wont even make top 4 or win a thing.

On another note, well done Crawley for putting up a good show at OT, I know they arent your usual non league side of plumbers and milkmen but still a good show.
0 x

Art Van De Lay
Monster Member

Post by Art Van De Lay » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Yes, a real David and Goliath show
0 x
"So, when now when the phone rings you've got to answer "Vandelay Industries"

#NousSommesCharlie

arfur

Post by arfur » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Man United v Arsenal (if we get through) in the quarter finals - that wasn't a fix, was it? Heated up balls.
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:53 am

I would have though that is the money spinning final the FA would have wanted.

Well done to the O's for hanging in there, should be lambs to the slaughter at the Emirates though, as long as Arsenal put away the chances, if not, perhaps a miracle, somehow I doubt it.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

Tired of Ads? Login!
arfur

Post by arfur » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:43 am

The general opinion is that we can't win ugly - well we did tonight. An absolutely dreadful match!

It looks like Walcott's knackered, but I'd be very surprised if Fabregas, Van Persie and Koscielny didn't feature on Sunday.

I was part of the ballot for tickets and I got one! Come on you Gooners! :D
0 x

arfur

Post by arfur » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:08 pm

Okay - I was wrong. Fabregas is f**ked as well. It looks like our team will be

Szczhesny
Sagna
Clichy
Koscielny
Djourou
Song
Diaby
Wilshire
Nasri
Arshavin / Bendtner
Van Persie
0 x

1320abbey
All time posting legend

Post by 1320abbey » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Congratulations to Birmingham for a great cup win. They deserved a bit of luck given the horrendous decision in the first couple of minutes when Bowyer was clearly onside, should have had a penalty and the Arsenal keeper sent off. Foster was brilliant and the rest of the team worked very hard to unsettle the Arsenal team.
0 x

Cassini
Posting God

Post by Cassini » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:41 am

I wonder what the football old guard of : Mr Brian Clough, Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter & Chopper Harris would make of modern day players with their gloves, snoods etc :?:
0 x
My New Site With Built-In Capture Uploader, Capture Artists And New Members Welcome

Tired of Ads? Login!
gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Utd were shite again. Nani looks like he is going to be out a while, just seen a shot of his shin, 6in gash down it, right to the bone, possibly made by a leg break with the bone going through the flesh, nasty!
0 x

broxi
World class poster

Post by broxi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:57 pm

It's going to be an interesting run in. Utd looked like they were going to run away with it but the last couple of results have given Arsenal a right good chance. Arsenal drawing yesterday at home doesnt look as bad after today. I still tihink Utd will win it. Even City might have outside chance eh Gaz :D
0 x

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Eugh, that doesnt even bare thinking about, the little club down the road winning a trophy, they wont know what to do with it!
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:04 am

Good result for us against Stoke and played some good footie as well, things looking up. Stoke at home in the cup next week, although it will probably be a much changed side and even a different result. That's followed by Spurs (A) and Man Utd (H) we also have to play Chelsea and City away so some tough games ahead.

A bad weekend for Refs Arsenal and Wolves both had what looked like good goals chalked off and Carragher was more than fortunate to play the second half against Utd, but a poor performance from Utd, which I hope will be repeated at Upton Park.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

Tired of Ads? Login!
arfur

Post by arfur » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Well. How could I have not gone to sleep tonight without congratulating Wenger and his team for one of the most one-sided and embarrassing games I've ever had to witness?
Thanks, Mr. Wenger. Now, we'll f**k up the league and FA Cup as well in the next week.

If we don't win a trophy this season, just walk Wenger. Just get out.
0 x

liltman
World class poster

Post by liltman » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Barcelona outplayed us, the passed us to the point that we were dizzy. But What happened I mean where did they find this ref. Took VP out the game when we clearly had a chance at the game. Agree with you arfur, we will bottle at UTD and ten drop at West Brom.

I was watching the game on TV but the country I live at had thunder storms so we had a power cut for most of the second half, I was lucky to listen to the radio on my mobile phone. My heart stopped when Alan Green was saying how Wilshere moved closer to the box to pass to Bent ner. After Fumming ti hear that he fluffed it. That had goal all over it, if VP was in that position.

Bent ner to get a hatrick against UTD.......Yeah right.
0 x
Credit to Sentinel for the avatar!

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:47 am

Yet another English team falls foul of an inept refereeing decision. Do Uefa have some hidden agenda to whittle down our teams in European competitions.

For all Barcelona’s possession and ability, it was an Arsenal error that gave them the lead, I thought Arsenal were hanging in there and might actually cause an upset. Wiltshire was outstanding and Bendtner proved Arsenal have no real back up for RVP.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy