PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Football

Chat about your fave sports here.
Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Re: Football

Post by Jethro Tull » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:45 am

tgoat wrote:had the village idiot doing the graphics for SSN tonight look at the badge for Forest :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know a Forest fan who is less than impressed. Just about par for the course from Sky.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

Tired of Ads? Login!
Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 am

Not looking good now, proudly sitting 19th. Chelsea and City away next and anything from those is a bonus, but if results from other games don't go our way the remaining must win games, Blackburn (H), Wigan (A) and Sunderland(H) probably will not matter.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

arfur

Post by arfur » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Another awful performance today, and another display of indiscipline. Only Arsenal could go 1-0 up in the 98th minute and still not win the game.
The title is Man United's on a plate, and we'll be lucky to finish second the way we're going.
Get out now, Wenger. Just get out. Your principles just aren't working anymore and your moaning is becoming an embarrassment.
You're taking us backwards, so just do us all a favour and go.
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:08 am

Are Chelsea going to end the season as they started it and could thy steal the title from under the very noses of Arsenal and Utd. Chelsea should pick up three points on Saturday night as we will be without Scott Parker and we never perform when he is out, while Utd and Arsenal both have tricky games against Eveton and Bolton.
Last edited by Jethro Tull on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

arfur

Post by arfur » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Well, it won't be us (Arsenal), that'll win it. We've done our usual end-of-season collapse. I'm voting with my wallet next season - I'm not going.

I don't care who wins it now, I don't like either of them. I'd rather United, just because of Cashley.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
tomtuck
World class poster

Post by tomtuck » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Dont underestimate our capacity to mess this up. This is not a great squad we have, or a great footballing side.
0 x

arfur

Post by arfur » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:15 pm

tomtuck wrote:Dont underestimate our capacity to mess this up. This is not a great squad we have, or a great footballing side.
It's not a great team, but you'll still win it due to the inability of the others to take advantage when you slip up, and your track record. Been there, seen it, done it. You'll beat Arsenal at The Emirates, and probably take points from Chelsea. That'll be enough.
0 x

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:08 am

According to the stats guys on SSN, the current side is better than the treble winning side, may not look as good, but gets the job done, plus teams are all more closely matched now, right through the league.

But hey, its nice watching that shite United team sitting top of the league, in the CL semis and losing FA Cup semi finalists, just imagine how much we would win with a good team! :roll:
0 x
Please do not post my work anywhere else, its TSCelebs exclusive!

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:07 am

No singing in the rain for us, even Torres scored, were doomed.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

Tired of Ads? Login!
tomtuck
World class poster

Post by tomtuck » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 am

gaztaylor wrote:But hey, its nice watching that shite United team sitting top of the league, in the CL semis and losing FA Cup semi finalists, just imagine how much we would win with a good team! :roll:
They're not shite in any way, shape, or form, but they're not great either. Not in comparison to what teams United have had before.
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:54 am

With Arsenal now out of the title race and a probable top four finish, will they be able to go out and enjoy a game without the added pressure and could this be bad news for Utd? Chelsea do not have an easy game either so could be an interesting weekend.

Big game at the other end of the table this evening and hoping Stoke win, 1-0 will do, 6-0 would be great.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

arfur

Post by arfur » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:02 pm

It looks like QPR might be docked points for breaking rules on third party ownership of a player (or something like that).

If they are, and end up not being promoted, I feel sorry for the fans and the players, but not the manager.

Is this not the same Neil Warnock who screamed blue murder over the Carlos Tevez affair? That West Ham should have been relegated instead of his beloved Sheffield United?

Oh, the irony!
0 x

1320abbey
All time posting legend

Post by 1320abbey » Sun May 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Irony indeed, it'll be interesting to see what he says if it does happen.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Mon May 02, 2011 3:15 am

Squeaky bum time!

I dont know if Warnock was manager when they signed the guy, it was 2 years ago.
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Mon May 02, 2011 8:08 am

Now the boot is on the other foot, Warnock is singing a different tune. If they are found guilty, it will open a whole can of worms for i suspect the play off teams and seventh place, would be looking at some form of legal process.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

1320abbey
All time posting legend

Post by 1320abbey » Mon May 02, 2011 6:11 pm

When is the decision due? As things stand if they win their last game against Leeds and either Millwall or Burnley win then it would take a 22 point deduction to put them out of the play off places. A 10 point deduction would put them into the play offs. Anyone have any idea what the penalty, if guilty, would be?
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Tue May 03, 2011 4:06 pm

1320abbey wrote:When is the decision due? As things stand if they win their last game against Leeds and either Millwall or Burnley win then it would take a 22 point deduction to put them out of the play off places. A 10 point deduction would put them into the play offs. Anyone have any idea what the penalty, if guilty, would be?

The decision is due to be announced on Friday morning. The penalty could be a fine or a points deduction.

The fine should be 5.5 million, same as Tevez, the points deduction appears to be open to debate, could be a minimum of 10 or a maximum of 25. The points deduction could also prove trouble some for the FA, as most Championship clubs will be far from happy, especially the seventh placed club, which will more than likely be Millwall.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy

Tired of Ads? Login!
tomtuck
World class poster

Post by tomtuck » Tue May 03, 2011 8:44 pm

The Tevez issue and the punishment handed down with it has nothing to do with this as there is no precedent laid down by the FA for this kind of thing. If you recall, the Tevez thing was dealt with by the Premier League, not the FA or Football League.

They should however be handed a minimum fine of 10pts for illegal payments to agents/use of illegal agents, as Luton Town were a few years back.
0 x

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Wed May 04, 2011 8:54 am

There are 7 rule breaches being investigated, so points deductions for each one a possibility, a sports lawyer on SSN says it is possible that if they get maximum points docked for each offence they could get relegated to Div 1.
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Sat May 07, 2011 9:52 am

Do or down we go today, time to set off.

Devine intervention required now. After a lack lustre performance, last ten minutes excluded, we looked like a team going nowhere but down. I just hope G&S show Grant the door as his tactics are poor and his team talks must be dire, no passion whatsoever yesterday.

Blackburn missed the opportunity to pick up three points, more to do with the Manager rather than the team.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy