PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Terra Nova

Chat about your fave TV shows here.
gaztaylor
Site Admin

Terra Nova

Post by gaztaylor » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Anyone else think this looks good? Coming soon to Sky 1, it looks like a cross between Jurassic Park and Timecop. Set in a world in the future thats been destroyed by pollution and war, a group of people are sent back in time to start again, right back into the time the planet was inhabited by the dinosaurs.
0 x
Please do not post my work anywhere else, its TSCelebs exclusive!

Tired of Ads? Login!
Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Re: Terra Nova

Post by Jethro Tull » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:50 am

Absolutely, 2 hour premier starts tonight in the US and Sky a week from today. Will probably record and watch it afterwards so we can FF the annoying adverts.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:32 am

Starts Monday, big budget Spielberg affair costing 60m apparently.
0 x

kellys_eye
Established Member

Post by kellys_eye » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:10 pm

I'm relying on Speilbergs reputation to ensure it's a good series - hope he doesn't disappoint.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:29 am

Just watched 3 episodes of it and it reminds me of that bad UK (outcasts Caprica)sci fi (soap opera) one with people on another planet escaping a dying earth, the plot is similar to the UK version in many ways, dying planet need a new place to live, break away group living out side the main group/camp/area etc etc .

Will watch a couple more episodes to see if it gets any better or not, but its not that good so far.

Any one else watched it yet ?.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
kellys_eye
Established Member

Post by kellys_eye » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Disappointing so far.

I forsee a 'Lost' thread to the storyline as well.

Was Speilberg actually involved or had he just given his name to the credit roll?
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:27 pm

kellys_eye wrote:Disappointing so far.

I forsee a 'Lost' thread to the storyline as well.

Was Speilberg actually involved or had he just given his name to the credit roll?
From what i seen so far of the series Speilberg must have lent his name to it only ,but if not he's doing a bad job.

If it carry's on like it is, i cannot see it lasting that long and not much chance of a second series.
0 x

johndoe2
Posting God

Post by johndoe2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Deja vu - the whole thing seems to be regurgitating of the same old tired stuff over and over again - they just change the scenery! 60m!? They should spend half of that on a group of good writers and will get results. This is beyond bad... it’s awful!
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:40 pm

johndoe2 wrote:Deja vu - the whole thing seems to be regurgitating of the same old tired stuff over and over again - they just change the scenery! 60m!? They should spend half of that on a group of good writers and will get results. This is beyond bad... it’s awful!

Even some of cgi was on the dodgy side, guess a fair chunk of the 60m went into speilbergs pocket.
Good writers :shock: that's not aloud in hollywood any more :mrgreen: , they only hire the cr*p writers.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:39 am

I'll just rock the boat and say, thus far I have enjoyed all three episodes.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

john
Posting God

Post by john » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:48 am

Jethro Tull wrote:I'll just rock the boat and say, thus far I have enjoyed all three episodes.
Your not rocking the boat, if you like the series good for you, we all like different things including films and TV shows, watched episode 4 it was a so so episode nothing special.
0 x

trobertc
World class poster

Post by trobertc » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Well I have watched all 5 episodes so far. The plot holes are terrible when it jumps from one to another.
The graphics are ok, but not on for long enough. I don't get surprised by any of the storylines.
It's ok but it aint worth 60 million. I can't see US networks making a second series.
There is nothing else in that time slot, so I will keep up with it, but thats all and I record it so I dont need to watch adverts.
0 x
Hello, hope you enjoy my varied stuff and thanks for reading my blog that also includes men.
http://thomasblah.blogspot.co.uk
http://twitter.com/thomasc1973
Some of my caps on youtube http://youtu.be/vQcybM2cp9A?list=UUOoB6 ... dcf5-hXA5w

kellys_eye
Established Member

Post by kellys_eye » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:46 pm

I've given up on it.....
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Post by john » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:28 pm

kellys_eye wrote:I've given up on it.....
lol, your not the only one, been reading what others think of the show and quiet a lot think its bad, still going to watch part 5 or 6 later on when there's nothing on the TV.
edit
Watched the newest episode and was another so so episode.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Watched the last couple of episodes of terrible nova as nothing else was on the TV and its still the same, though it was funny when all the electronics chips got fried including the chip rebuilder, but one computer still worked the one the sixer's wanted and got in the end( the box thing they couldn't open). :lol:
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:32 am

Well i went mad and watched the final 2 episodes of Terrible Nova yestaday and nothing had changed all though the series, It would have been far better if it hadn't been focused on the Shannon family.

The ending was weird, after Sharron destroyed Hope Plaza closing access to the first rift in time and space to Terra Nova why did the people who invaded the place and controlled Taylor's camp run of to the bad lands unless there's another space time rift out there.

Will not know if there will be a second series of Terra Nova until some time in 2012, not that i vie to bothered if they do or not , only watched it because there wasn't a lot on TV.
0 x

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:10 am

Seems Ive missed some eps.Last I saw was the one where Taylors son went back through the portal.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
trobertc
World class poster

Post by trobertc » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:18 pm

gaztaylor wrote:Seems Ive missed some eps.Last I saw was the one where Taylors son went back through the portal.
Gaz they showed the last 2 on the same night. You didn't miss much.

John your right, there must be. You had the same reason as me for watching. I am looking forward to NCIS LA and Hawaii 5-0 more which starts New Years Day (Sunday).
0 x
Hello, hope you enjoy my varied stuff and thanks for reading my blog that also includes men.
http://thomasblah.blogspot.co.uk
http://twitter.com/thomasc1973
Some of my caps on youtube http://youtu.be/vQcybM2cp9A?list=UUOoB6 ... dcf5-hXA5w

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:26 pm

What happened in the last 2?

I thought it would be off air for Xmas, they usually stop stuff for holidays, like TN and House
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:40 pm

trobertc wrote:
gaztaylor wrote:Seems Ive missed some eps.Last I saw was the one where Taylors son went back through the portal.
Gaz they showed the last 2 on the same night. You didn't miss much.

John your right, there must be. You had the same reason as me for watching. I am looking forward to NCIS LA and Hawaii 5-0 more which starts New Years Day (Sunday).
Yep after all they found a ships figure head in the badlands which is no were near for first rift , it looked as if the ones who employed the sixer's knew some thing was out there before hand or they wouldn't have sent the sixer's to the badlands in the first place.

gaztaylor wrote:What happened in the last 2?

I thought it would be off air for Xmas, they usually stop stuff for holidays, like TN and House
Here's link to site giving a good run down on what happened in the last 2 episode for you.

http://www.tv.com/news/terra-nova-a-thi ... ast-27438/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x