PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Last film you watched

Chat about your fave or least fave movies and DVD's here.
WCC
Posting God

Re: Last film you watched

Post by WCC » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:59 am

Troll Hunter
Great little film, well made, adequately acted (the English dub doesn't sound so confident as the original soundtrack), nice if imperfect special effects. Overall a great idea, but even so a bit disappointing as the clips & stills used to advertise it almost all come from a scene at the end! The rest of the film looks different...

Poultrygeist
'Horror' movie based on the idea of building a fast food outlet on the site of an old Indian Burial Ground... Ever heard of Troma films? If you haven't, you probably don't want to... Ludicrously fake & excessive gore, deliberately poor acting, odd musical elements, and masses of fart jokes. I knew what to expect, and I wasn't disappointed. Even so, it's not great.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Post by john » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:59 am

Journey 2: the Mysterious Island 2012

Its an action, adventure and Comedy film according to the reviews !.

Not sure ifs it a kiddies movie or not but it sure felt like one when watching it.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:27 pm

The Fog 2005 (Remake)

It wasn't a good remake of the film, but i am yet to find a remake that's better then the film they have copied.
0 x

WCC
Posting God

Post by WCC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:12 pm

john wrote:It wasn't a good remake of the film, but i am yet to find a remake that's better then the film they have copied.
I'd nominate one or two of the Toho Studio 'restarts' of Godzilla (NOT the American atrocity), or, better yet, Gamera, Guardian of the Universe...

On the other hand, the most pointless remake I can remember was the first remake of Pirhana (there's been another one recently...) which was IDENTICAL to the original barring the grave disappointment of not featuring Heather Menzies. I remember watching it for about 10 minutes on TV before I realised it was a remake...
0 x

Staffsyeoman
Monster Member

Post by Staffsyeoman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 pm

"Young Adult" with Charlize Theron. A messed-up writer of .... Young Adult ...fiction decides to go back to her one horse home town from the city to reclaim her high school sweetheart. Yeah, but they're all in their late 30s, he's married with a new kid... Even when she tries to do dowdy or drunk...she still glows
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Post by john » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:03 am

Wulf Corbett wrote:
john wrote:It wasn't a good remake of the film, but i am yet to find a remake that's better then the film they have copied.
I'd nominate one or two of the Toho Studio 'restarts' of Godzilla (NOT the American atrocity), or, better yet, Gamera, Guardian of the Universe...

On the other hand, the most pointless remake I can remember was the first remake of Pirhana (there's been another one recently...) which was IDENTICAL to the original barring the grave disappointment of not featuring Heather Menzies. I remember watching it for about 10 minutes on TV before I realised it was a remake...

For me the most pointless remake ever or should say presequal was The Thing, it was complete waste of time a part from the very beginning and the last ten minutes of the film.

One remake that was good was one of the Alice in wonderland remakes because it was way different to the original film , it was a very dark film, another goodish one was the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

Have seen all the Piranha films including the remakes and the first one is still the best of the lot , Piranha 3D not going to say much about that one.

I do really like the Godzilla films (Japanese versions) including the old black and white ones i i never get tired of watching them and other Japanese monster movies.

I don't like many of the 3D films as they are normally bad, there's no plot, just lots of 3D effects like the Resident Evil film i hated that film as it ruined the Resident Evil films for me.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Ghost Rider 2 3D

It was ok film neither good or bad there was one or two good 3D effects in it, which was ok if you like the 3D stuff , the storyline was really simple, so not much of a plot, still worth watching.

The first Ghost Rider film was better i think.

Also watched a short Japanese film called Geharha The Dark & Long Hair Monster 2009

Its similar to the Godzilla films in style.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:52 am

Hunger Games 5/10

The film is just over 2 hours long, the first hour not a lot really happens its just setting up for the game its self, last hour is the game with the teens either killing or hiding from each other, as it has a PG-13 rating the violence in the film as been toned down quiet lot, its not a patch on Battle Royale ,but thats hollywood for you.

Its not a bad film, but its been over hyped quiet a lot by people and the press, there's hints of Battle Royale in it plus over films.

The film is more for teens then older adults, but some adults will enjoy it if they like that kind of film.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Land of the Dead

A oldish zombie film from 2005 , as zombie films go its not a bad one, have watched it a few times.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Post by john » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Humans Versus Zombies

Its a low cost zombie film with a mix of horror and comedy thrown in for good measure, its a hard one to rate because the comedy is hit and miss a lot of the time.

For a zombie film it was good so give 5 or 6 out of 10, would i watch it again, hmmm yes maybe one more time or twice at a pinch.

Trouble with zombies films is they have been done to death and there's not really any thing new thrown into the mix to make any new releases stand a part from the rest of the pack the last few years, the same go's for horror films they have got stale, thanks to films like the Saw films with over the top gore as the main theme to the films and not much else.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 am

Hellacious Acres 1 out of 10 and that's been me been nice

What ever you do do not even think about watching this pile of beep ever, its the worst film i have had the misfortune to watch, but that is how the film was meant to be, so you have been warned, it must have had a budget of $10 dollars no kidding.

Basically it was made to show what a film would be like if they had all the boring bits in film like walking,sleeping,walking, eating cr*pping and more walking, its set after the planet has been devastated by a third world war and then invaded by aliens who are changing the planet to suite there needs.

I have lost 1 hour and 48 minutes of my life watching this film, which i will never get back.

I have watched some main stream films that was boring as hell and almost as bad as Hellaciour Acres, guess i will have to be more picky when it comes to watching films. lol
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Starship Troopers Invasion 2012

Its an Animation film , it was ok to watch it once only , it wasn't a good or bad film, so i would give it 4 or 5 out of 10 at best, with the Starship Troopers film i prefer them with real actors over the animation one.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Judge Dredd 6/10

Its ok film , has a few good special effects in it and as a average story line to it , some might find the ending a little disappointing when it comes to the main bad persons end, but for me it was the type of ending i was expecting from the Hollywood studios.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
WCC
Posting God

Post by WCC » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Avengers Assemble (on DVD)
I loved this film. Every bit of it. Not only is it a good Superhero film, it's a great Marvel Comics film - full of the side comments and moments of comedy the comics always were. The characters were just right, and the acting fully up to par - I even liked Scarlett Johansen for the first time! I've watched the scene where Hulk meets Loki a couple of dozen times now and every time I have literally laughed out loud. I'm sniggering now just remembering it...

It easily made up for the utter and complete disappointment of Battleship...
Dumb, illogical, predictable and pointless. Nice special effects. The actual battleship game section, using sonar buoys or whatever they were to target the enemy, was the only clever bit of the film.

Oh, and Journey2 the Mysterious Island
Don't. Just don't.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Wulf Corbett wrote:Avengers Assemble (on DVD)
I loved this film. Every bit of it. Not only is it a good Superhero film, it's a great Marvel Comics film - full of the side comments and moments of comedy the comics always were. The characters were just right, and the acting fully up to par - I even liked Scarlett Johansen for the first time! I've watched the scene where Hulk meets Loki a couple of dozen times now and every time I have literally laughed out loud. I'm sniggering now just remembering it...

It easily made up for the utter and complete disappointment of Battleship...
Dumb, illogical, predictable and pointless. Nice special effects. The actual battleship game section, using sonar buoys or whatever they were to target the enemy, was the only clever bit of the film.

Oh, and Journey2 the Mysterious Island
Don't. Just don't.

Whats wrong with Journey2 the Mysterious Island :mrgreen: :lol:

Haven't watched all of the Avengers Assemble yet but from what i seen its one of the few good films out this year, have seen the part with the Hunk and loki and agree it is funny.
0 x

Staffsyeoman
Monster Member

Post by Staffsyeoman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Did a double bubble of 'The Campaign' - the US election comedy with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis followed by 'Looper' with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis (and Emily Blunt).

OK, 'The Campaign' did make me laugh out loud in places, but I studied US politics at university; Ferrell does yet another variant on Ron Burgundy (Anchorman) who is bouncing on the edge of the atmosphere of 'complete moron' which makes you wonder how anyone ever took him seriously. Its satire of US electioneering is very broad... and has a let-down of an ending.

Looper is a film that really messes with you, being wrapped as it is, around time travel and its uses by criminals. No spoiler is involved to say that Levitt and Willis are the same person thirty years apart (Willis older, natch) in the same space/time and shouldn't be. The make up on Levitt is a touch odd, but he has done his homework to make you think he is the younger Willis. It has a mild surprise ending I shan't spoil.
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Avengers

Awesome film.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Post by john » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Looper

Watched it and was disappointed with the film for some reason, i just couldn't get into it and the ending was predicable, normally l like Bruce W films , but not this time a round.
0 x

WCC
Posting God

Post by WCC » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Prometheus
Yeah... well... OK, fine. Expected more. I find it really annoying that so many Science-Fiction/Horror movies are made so damn dark I can hardly see what's going on! What did go on seemed a bit disjointed, and didn't really fit with what we already know about the Aliens universe, but it worked, the effects were decent, and overall... yeah, fine. I got the DVD cheap, so I'm not too disappointed. Just a bit.

Shaun the Sheep, Season 2
OK, it's not a movie, but, damn, I love Aardman Animation! Full of so many in-jokes & references. Lovely piece of work!
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:08 pm

The Thing (2011)

Watched this "Prequel" on sky last night and never really held my attention and seemed a pointless re make of the fifties classic. About the only entertaining moment was the joke at the begining of the film.
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.