PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Last film you watched

Chat about your fave or least fave movies and DVD's here.
john
Posting God

Re: Last film you watched

Post by john » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Resident Evil: Retribution 2012

The new Resident Evil film was far better then the Afterlife 3D , its a all action film with a simple storyline again, but with Retribution it worked and was entertaining , unlike the Afterlife 3D film which was more about the 3d effects than any thing else.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Post by john » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Attack The Block

4/10 neither good or bad film ,was hoping it would be entertaining and fun ,but turned out to be below average film, the aliens was pretty rubbish i thought, i wouldn't watch it again.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Prometheus 5/10

I was dis pointed with it, was hoping it be more entertaining had lots chat and not much in action until the end of the film, they are making a follow up to it, hope its a lot better.

Cockneys vs Zombies 8/10

Good film with fair bit of action and a few laughs a long way, its a film that never takes it self seriously which is good, would watch it again any time.
0 x

Jethro Tull
All time posting legend

Post by Jethro Tull » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Iron Man

not seen before, but an enjoyable comic classic, none the less
0 x
Aqualung my friend
don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

john
Posting God

Post by john » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:03 pm

A Good Day to Die Hard 5/10

Yep Bruce W playing cop John McClane again , it was ok but not all that different to the other Die Hard films, lots of action, big explosions etc , its ok for fans of Bruce W or the Die Hard films.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Post by john » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:33 am

The Host ?/10

This one is hard to define as its cross between Sci Fi mixed with chick flick movie, if that makes sense, it was ok but not a lot really happened all that much though the film, if your a Sci Fi fan don't bother with it as you might be disappointed with the film.
The plot
In the future, the human race has been assimilated by a benevolent extraterrestrial psychic parasites called "Souls". Melanie a human is captured by a seeker who implants a soul called Wanderer in to Melanie in order to discover the location of one of the last pockets of non-assimilated humans, but the films really revolves a round a love story of Melanie and her boyfriend and wander who falls in love with another human while sharing/controlling Melanie's body , reason why its mostly chick flick, it a love story with a bit of Sci Fi tacked on.
0 x

WCC
Posting God

Post by WCC » Sun May 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Thale

Strange little Norwegian film, very claustrophobic in parts, very small - I think there are less than a dozen people in the whole thing, and only 3 or 4 have speaking parts (depending on whether you count Thale herself, who doesn't actually speak...), the whole event taking place over one day (excluding the intro & outro scenes). The lead actress, Silje Reinamo, does a magnificent job of acting the part of the mystery girl found in a locked cellar, despite the fact that the publicity surrounding the film (including the DVD cover & IMDB listing) keep trying to give away most of the plot! There's some acceptable CGI work, but it's mostly just damn good acting, of the kind that makes you wonder if they're really acting at all...
0 x

Stella

Post by Stella » Sun May 05, 2013 8:03 pm

'Safety Not Guaranteed'

'Red Lights'

Both Superb and well worth a watch.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Star Trek Into Darkness

Second S T film directed by J. J. Abrams. i think, theirs not much to say about it really, lots of action not much of a plot, its a rehash of some of the older Startrek films in parts especially the ending even if it as a little twist to it, i don't know if the older startrek fans will like it as much as the old films/series, me i am not really a fan of the new darker Startrek films, lots of special effects don't make a film good, no matter how much money you throw at it if it doesn't have a good storyline that draws you in.

Guess the new Star Trek films are made for the next generation of movie goer's.
Last edited by john on Wed May 29, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
johndoe2
Posting God

Post by johndoe2 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:45 am

Iron Man 3

Overall - well what would you expect? Give it a miss.
Would love to have a chat with the writer thou because there were two interesting points - the main villain and the kid - not typical Hollywood whitewash. Wonder how much was lost/replaced from the original idea... Taking all the action out and working on this two would have made interesting film.
0 x

Healy9

Post by Healy9 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 pm

saw hangover 3 at the cinema today. i quite liked the first two but this third one didn't do much for me. same old ground covered.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Man of Steel

Watched this the other night and was quiet surprised how they had changed him, he is a lot more rough around the edges not like C Reeves superman, but the story line is similar to one of C Reeves films the one with Zod and is mates, its had a similar reworking/modeling to the likes of Trek Star its been up dated to more modern times so a lot more death and destruction in the film, it was ok and wasn't to bad a film, the "S" on is outfit doesn't stand for Superman the symbol is from is home planet it means hope, why they changed that bit for i don't know, is it worth watching i would say yes.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:48 am

The Lone Ranger

This is a Disney film, its the story of how the lone ranger became the lone ranger kind of, it was neither good or bad but some where in the middle, it as entertaining the 2 hours plus went by quickly which is a good sign for me, i would watch it again on DVD or Blu Ray when it out on discs.

This is the End {comedy ????)

This is a American film made for the Americans or the twenty some thing age group, was funny no not for me is wasn't funny a all , the jokes was stale/old and been done before in other films better, i would give this film 2 out of 10, this film dragged on, was glad when it finished, holywood needs to start making good films again if that is possible.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Post by john » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:18 am

Pacific Rim

Its a film about massive robots fighting big monsters that come from the bottom of the sea and attacks mankind, the robots are mans only defense that's it in a nut shell, its not a bad film.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Oblivion

Starring Tom Cruise reading the reviews it get high marks and not sure why really, yes it has good cgi effects and the storyline is so so.

World war z

The film as nothing to do with the book , the film is basically a promo for Brad Pitt thats it , if it had been based on the book it might have been a really good film as it is its a average movie from wollywood again , Brad rewrote a fair part of the script , he should stick to acting.
Last edited by john on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Gallowwalkers 0/10

Do not even think about watching this film unless your really really drunk, this film was so bad its no wonder this film was left in the film vaults for years before they released it, it really sucks so bad, the acting was crap and the storyline hmm what storyline it made no sense what ever, who ever produced the film should not be aloud to make another film again ever.

This is one film that should never been released.
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Cost of the Living: A Zom Rom Com
The cost of living is a low budget zombie film , its nothing special but ok to watch when you have some free time

Ironman 3

After reading some reviews about Ironman 3 i wasn't to sure if it was worth watching , but tuck the chance and in all honestly it wasn't that bad , like most films made by the big film companies in the USA it had a weak storyline and lots of special effects which is a pity also the mandarin was poorly done in the film, not going to give it a rating as it wasn't any thing special.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Post by john » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Gravity (2013) 4/10

This film as received rave reviews which i disagree with, its way way to hyped up for what it is, yes the 3d version is good especially for the special effects watched in 3d, a part from that its a simple film about survival in space and Bullock trying to get back to earth, it would have been far better if Clooney had lasted lot longer in the film even if if char was annoying a little, another problem is there isn't much in the way of Character development and its not really scientifically accurate, which isn't a surprise with Hollywood.

Would i watch it again no its like most big films from Hollywood it as lots and lots of good special effects but with poor Characters and poor story lines.
0 x

ACM
All time posting legend

Post by ACM » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Don Jon
0 x
♥ Hayley McQueen ♥

john
Posting God

Post by john » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 am

Dead in Tombstone 4/10

The basic plot is about a gang member of a outlaw group who is killed by them and he ends up in hell , so to save himself he makes a deal with the devil to kill the 6 gang members who killed him within 24hours if he does it he can go free from hell and the devil can have the 6 gang members souls in place of his soul, the film isn't that good because of the way the film was edited and storyline also the acting was also below par, Mickey Rourke plays the devil in the film.
0 x