PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Finally gone LCD!

Chat about all your computing and gaming here.
Bic Basher
All time posting legend

Finally gone LCD!

Post by Bic Basher » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:05 pm

As my old Viewsonic 14" CRT finally decided to give up the ghost today, I bought an 18.5" Samsung SyncMaster SA10 for £69.99.

However although it works great and love the extra space on my desk, is the reason for not having the 'basics' such as brightness and contrast control built in to keep the costs down?

I had to download those features from the Samsung website instead and it was a bit fiddly as it also contained the drivers for the monitor, iIn the end, I removed the software Samsung suggested, kept the driver and it now works perfectly.
0 x
LIKE WHAT I POST? CLICK ON THE HEART BUTTON.

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Re: Finally gone LCD!

Post by john » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Bic Basher wrote:As my old Viewsonic 14" CRT finally decided to give up the ghost today, I bought an 18.5" Samsung SyncMaster SA10 for £69.99.

is the reason for not having the 'basics' such as brightness and contrast control built in to keep the costs down?
I would think so the less bits on it, the cheaper it is to make, i have a old samsung 151s 15" lcd mon that has on/off, auto tune,menu and brightness controls on the front of the mon, that's some thing you don't see on modern lcd mon that often now.

LCD's are a lot brighter then the old crt's screens when i first switched over to a LCD screen i had to turn the brightness right down as it hurt my eyes.
0 x

Bic Basher
All time posting legend

Re: Finally gone LCD!

Post by Bic Basher » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 pm

john wrote:
Bic Basher wrote:As my old Viewsonic 14" CRT finally decided to give up the ghost today, I bought an 18.5" Samsung SyncMaster SA10 for £69.99.

is the reason for not having the 'basics' such as brightness and contrast control built in to keep the costs down?
I would think so the less bits on it, the cheaper it is to make, i have a old samsung 151s 15" lcd mon that has on/off, auto tune,menu and brightness controls on the front of the mon, that's some thing you don't see on modern lcd mon that often now.

LCD's are a lot brighter then the old crt's screens when i first switched over to a LCD screen i had to turn the brightness right down as it hurt my eyes.
I eventually found one feature built in with this monitor, auto adjustment.

In the end I had to re-install the software from the Samsung website which enabled me to turn down the brightness which like you John to very low. They're too bright!
0 x
LIKE WHAT I POST? CLICK ON THE HEART BUTTON.