PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

TV Video Recorders

Chat about all your computing and gaming here.
Cassini
Posting God

TV Video Recorders

Post by Cassini » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:50 pm

1 LG Digital DVD TV Recorder DRT389H with Freeview, to go with the LG Digital TV I bought in March 2012.
Recorder same price £109
2 4x DVD-RW Verbatim Re- Recordable DVD Discs with 120 minutes recording time
10 x Discs cost £ 10.
Finally taken me three weeks to take out of box, followed instructions two leads power & antenna power light on. After playing with remote decided to call the unhelpful helpline. Apprently I need a SCART lead to connect up before set up, the SCART lead is not part of the package that has to bought separately.
Well no bugger at Currys said anything about a poxy SCART lead Image

Any advice most welcomed :) or shall I just set fire to it :?: Before anyone asks yes I have put the battery in the remote :mrgreen:
0 x
My New Site With Built-In Capture Uploader, Capture Artists And New Members Welcome

Tired of Ads? Login!
magnet
All time posting legend

Re: TV Video Recorders

Post by magnet » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 pm

:lol: Currys normally go out of their way to sell you the most pointlessly expensive gold-plated POS cables possible when you buy this sort of stuff from them. Fair play for managing to avoid that.

You need another cable so that you can see the output of the DVD recorder on your TV. SCART will work, but it's old (and might I say, shockingly crap) interconnect tech that is prone to falling out of the device you thought it was plugged into. Your DVD recorder and TV both have HDMI sockets on them. Get a cheap HDMI cable plug one end into each and all should be well. A basic cable is about £10-£15 for 1m; anything much more than that and they're selling you snake oil. Buy it somewhere that isn't Currys - John Lewis, Tesco, Maplin or Argos should have a cheap one.
0 x
Real life gets complicated at times, so I'm not capping much at the moment.

gaztaylor
Site Admin

Post by gaztaylor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:03 pm

I saw an online review that said there was no difference between the cheap ones you pick up in Poundstretcher and the expensive gold plated ones you can pay a fortune for, in terms of picture quality, the only difference was some cheap ones have a very loose fit.
0 x
Please do not post my work anywhere else, its TSCelebs exclusive!

Cassini
Posting God

Post by Cassini » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks Gents :) The HDMI cable plug is something my brother was going on about just waiting on his reply as given him the info on my digital tv & recorder. At some point would like to try recorded caps :ugeek:
0 x
My New Site With Built-In Capture Uploader, Capture Artists And New Members Welcome