PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Recommend a simple editing program please! :)

dreamlander
Posting God

Recommend a simple editing program please! :)

Post by dreamlander » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Having recently acquired a new laptop and freeview tuner,I find I record to HDD a lot more than Sky+ to DVDr these days,mainly because it's quicker and the videos/caps are much better quality.This means huge unedited files as opposed to small,nicely edited DVD files,so I've just been posting caps mainly.I would like a simple program that takes one big file(.ts or .mp4) and lets you edit out the parts you want and puts them together into one smaller file I can upload to RS and post here.I have Magix Movie edit Pro 16 but that,to me,looks like something Steven Speilberg might use and has confused me everytime I've tried to use it.I installed Windows Movie Maker and that allows you to cut one section from a video but I want to cut lots out and stitch them together.So something a little more complex,probably by Fisher Price! :D ,would suit me just fine! So,any suggestions gratefully received and you would see the results here pretty soon afterwards! :)

Dreamlander-Free or paid for software,it doesn't matter as long as it works!
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
john
Posting God

Re: Recommend a simple editing program please! :)

Post by john » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:22 am

The program i use to remove parts of a video and then convert it to a avi or mp4 is AVS Video Converter 4
you can pick more then one area to delete in a video file with it, its simple to use once you used it a couple of times, its a old version i use but its good enough to me plus it doesn't use much of the cpu.
Its a video converter with a simple built in editor

you mark the areas you don't want to convert then convert it to a avi, mp4, etc and it will convert the parts/areas you want into one single video file ,can also resize the video if you want it to.

picture below of it in use : version 4

The newest version is AVS Video Converter 8.0, i don't know if my version does Hi def vid or not.
0 x

dreamlander
Posting God

Post by dreamlander » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 am

You won't believe this but I have AVS VC8! :D I've had AVS VC6 on the family computer for a couple of years! I had to buy it again because it is locked to a single PC! I didn't know it did that lol! God,I'm useless! :D All of my knowledge comes from the AV side not the PC side,I'm quite clueless when it comes to software. Many thanks for making me see the wood for the trees! I'm off to investigate! :D

Dreamander
0 x

dreamlander
Posting God

Post by dreamlander » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:25 am

Just edited and combined some videos in a matter of minutes! The two things I really wanted to do! Virtual 'Chuffty Badge' on it's way to you sir! :D

Dreamlander-All this time I was just using AVS VC6-8 to convert family videos to DVD,not realising it could do so much more! :roll:
0 x

john
Posting God

Post by john » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:59 pm

A lot of people don't release it can do a more then just convert videos.
I tried the free trial ver 8 of AVS and liked the effects it had built in into the editor, the snow effect is good.
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
Art Van De Lay
Monster Member

Post by Art Van De Lay » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Have you tried AVIDemux - a lot of people seem to be using it.
0 x
"So, when now when the phone rings you've got to answer "Vandelay Industries"

#NousSommesCharlie

wicorman
All time posting legend

Post by wicorman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:19 pm

Just got AVS ver 8 and find it very easy to use, especially if you've used Windoze Movie Maker or Videospin. Better quality output than either of those, too. Took the chance on the unlimited licence and pleased I did. May be posting a few more videos when I have time in future!
0 x
Please do not repost my caps without crediting them