PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Editing DVR-MS videos?

DestinyHope
Quality Member

Editing DVR-MS videos?

Post by DestinyHope » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 pm

A while back I recorded some videos through Windows Media Center and they are DVR-MS and I have tried converting them, but they lose their quality and the frame-rate goes choppy, so can someone recommend me some software to convert them without losing quality and frame-rate.

Thanks in Advance.
DestinyHope
0 x
Please give credit where it is due as us uploaders don't record, cut, encode and upload for it to be stolen.
My Official Youtube Channel!

Tired of Ads? Login!
magnet
All time posting legend

Re: Editing DVR-MS videos?

Post by magnet » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Grab the 14-day trial version of TMPGenc MPEG Editor -> http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tme3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and use it to edit/ losslessly convert them to normal MPEG2 videos. I use this for all my editing and capping.
0 x
Real life gets complicated at times, so I'm not capping much at the moment.

DestinyHope
Quality Member

Post by DestinyHope » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Thank You magnet you are a sweetheart!
0 x
Please give credit where it is due as us uploaders don't record, cut, encode and upload for it to be stolen.
My Official Youtube Channel!

Bic Basher
All time posting legend

Post by Bic Basher » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm

I use TMPGenc now for some of my vids now, do you simply re-validate after the 14 day trial or re-download?
0 x
LIKE WHAT I POST? CLICK ON THE HEART BUTTON.

magnet
All time posting legend

Post by magnet » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Pass. I bought it ages ago. AVIDemux had driven me loopy with its flakiness, disrepect for aspect ratios and general bamboozlement when tasked with maintaining audio sync and I got a little carried away when I came across TMPEGnc.

You could try requesting another trial key with a disposable email account from mailinator. TMPEGnc phones home when you load it, which makes more "traditional" ;) approaches to this problem difficult. VideoReDo doesn't have this feature...

Failing that, I've heard good things about DVDVideoSoft's Free Video Dub (freeware). It's also worth bearing in mind that you can generally convert an SD dvr-ms recording to an mpeg from the right-click menu in explorer. It's easier to find mpeg editors than dvr-ms ones. Alternatively, use anything other than Windows MediaCentre to make the recording, thus avoiding dvr-ms completely. I use MediaPortal, but my tv tuners are in my file server and get used for much more than just capping, and this may be overkill for most :geek: .
0 x
Real life gets complicated at times, so I'm not capping much at the moment.

Tired of Ads? Login!