PLEASE DO NOT USE IMAGEUPPER ON THIS SITE ANYMORE, TO MANY BROKEN LINKS AND DELETED IMAGES

Letters from ISPs about illegal downloading

Add your general chat topics, birthday wishes, etc here.
stu
Posting God

Letters from ISPs about illegal downloading

Post by stu » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:57 am

Any one got one yet?
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 31276.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have been downloading and streaming TV shows for about 10 years now will this be the end of it?
0 x

Tired of Ads? Login!
RANGfang
World class poster

Re: Letters from ISPs about illegal downloading

Post by RANGfang » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 pm

I read this yesterday, I reckon we've got a year before all 'piracy' Slav sites etc are crushed.
0 x

Glenge

Post by Glenge » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Do you think the isps are secretly bricking it? Why would we need super fast broadband if we can't illegally stream and download. Just a straw poll at my place of work shows around 80% of staff with at least an android box as a form of obtaining pirated material.
I wouldn't be so inclined to pay my £36 for unlimited BT infinity 2 and would happily get by with DSL if all sites were closed down. I pay for Amazon prime which recommends 3.5mb for hd streaming.

They need to offer cheaper legal alternatives, once you have used Amazon / Netflix for a month you've seen everything you want and barring Grand tour and vikings to keep you coming back you begin to feel short changed especially when you fire up your kodi build on your Amazon stick and see what's available.

No one tells you how difficult it can be to find decent streams for football matches so it's not all it's cracked up to be but with sky packages getting up towards £90 once all your welcome bonuses finish there are a hell of a lot of kodi enabled boxes and pcs out in the wild.
0 x

Il Vas
Established Member

Post by Il Vas » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:26 am

Glenge wrote:Why would we need super fast broadband if we can't illegally stream and download.
So you can do it legally, perhaps.
1 x

Bic Basher
All time posting legend

Post by Bic Basher » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Torrenting IMHO is old hat and those who use illegal streaming services are just as likely to subscribe to the legal streaming services.

I have Netflix, Amazon Prime and Now TV, yet also have Kodi as a back up if I'm really desperate to see something. Ironically I also use Kodi to subscribe to a legal IPTV service, Zattoo Swizerland. (This is how I get my French tv caps for here).
1 x
LIKE WHAT I POST? CLICK ON THE HEART BUTTON.

Tired of Ads? Login!
RANGfang
World class poster

Post by RANGfang » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:21 pm

Bic Basher wrote:those who use illegal streaming services are just as likely to subscribe to the legal streaming services.
Yup.
1 x